Sunday, April 24, 2022

Each One Teach One

 

Recently, in my Media Law & Literacy class, we had the great opportunity of getting the chance to learn from our fellow classmates. More specifically, our classmates taught each other about different forms of technology that have impacted the world significantly. One presentation that caught my attention the most was about Bluetooth. Bluetooth is one of those technologies that I use and many other people use almost everyday without giving it second thought. It is an odd creation in that people have the ability to connect two or more devices to each other out of thin air. It is a confusing technology, at least to me. 


Fortunately, the presentation about Bluetooth shed some more light on the technology a bit more. I found that it was created in 1994 by two men named Haartsen and Ericsson. What I found the most interesting is that Bluetooth was named after King Harald Bluetooth, a nordic king. This is because Harald Bluetooth unification of Denmark and Norway acts as a symbol for how Bluetooth technology connects devices to one another. With this, the runes of the king’s name has been used as the Bluetooth logo. As a history geek, I appreciate the use of historical figures, especially the symbolism.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post: Invasion of Privacy

I would like to believe that I have a relatively healthy relationship with technology, especially in comparison to people around my age. Acc...